Billings Community Foundation
404 N 30th St.
Billings, MT 59101
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2007
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2015
Number of sponsored projects: 19
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
For project-based, non-endowed funds, fiscally sponsored projects: Fees are assessed based on individual project goals and needs.
The administrative fee is generally set at 8%-12% of project revenues or a mutually agreed upon annual minimum written into a contract between the Foundation and project advisors. Contracts are reviewed annually for fee assessments, mission alignment, compliance, and renewal.
- Aligned mission values
- Only projects located in our state or region: Greater Yellowstone Region
- Has an advisory group
- Other: Services that help individuals and groups performing charitable services start, grow, and achieve important community gains by extending the Foundation’s legal, corporate, and nonprofit status to new projects.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- Food insecurity/Nutrition
- Mental health
- Open space/Parks
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Social services
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Office space
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Since 2007, the Billings Community Foundation has been dedicated to serving the Greater Yellowstone Region. Our mission is to support nonprofits and individual donors in making our community a great place to live, work, play, and serve. The Billings Community Foundation’s vision is to continue providing local leadership, promoting community opportunities, and encouraging collaboration for regional nonprofits, individuals and businesses for the mutual benefit of the Yellowstone Valley.