Madison, WI 53703
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1994
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1999
Number of sponsored projects: 20+
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
• 10% of donation or grant amount up to $999 • 8.5% of donation or grant amount of $1,000-$24,999 • 7% of donation or grant amount of $25,000-$49,999 • 5.5% of donation or grant amount of $50,000-$99,999 • 4% of donation or grant amount of $100,000 and above.
- Aligned mission/values: Community-based arts access, education, engagement and outreach
- Geographic: Wisconsin
- Other: Arts Wisconsin acts as fiscal receiver for Wisconsin-based arts projects, providing tax-exempt benefits for individual donations, grants and contributions. Our program is open and accessible to artists, creative entrepreneurs and arts businesses nationwide and in every discipline, who are working on projects and programs that take place in and benefit Wisconsin. (In other words, we provide the service primarily for Wisconsin-based projects, but we also provide the service for projects run by people who live in other states, but are doing specific work in Wisconsin.) We don’t judge your work’s artistic quality or merit; that’s for others to decide. Our job is to give you the tools you need to raise the money to make it happen.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture: all arts disciplines
- Economic development: relating to creative and cultural development
- Education: arts and creativity in education
- Festivals and events: all arts disciplines
- Social services: arts access, engagement, education and outreach
Services we offer projects:
- Organizational development
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Arts Wisconsin is Wisconsin’s voice for the arts: the premier independent statewide membership organization speaking up and working for the arts, arts education and creative economy across Wisconsin. The organization’s mission to speak up, advocate for, and advance the arts, creativity and culture throughout Wisconsin — connects and serves the wide-ranging, diverse and creative constituency of people, organizations and communities making the arts come alive in every corner of Wisconsin. Are you a member? If not – you should be! Join today! More information about the arts in Wisconsin and Arts Wisconsin is at www.artswisconsin.org.