220 2nd Ave. S, Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98104
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2001
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2003
Number of sponsored projects: 160
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Basic Fiscal Sponsorship Program – 7% of contributed income. Partner Artists Program – 10% of all income (Program includes a full suite of back office services). There is an annual $100 member fee for both programs.
- Aligned mission/values: Projects that serve a community benefit and fuel innovation in the arts.
- Geographic: Washington State
- Type of service: Arts groups only, including producing, presenting, and educational projects in performing arts, literary, visual arts and more.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Festivals and events
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Computer IT
- Human resource management
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: License and permit tracking; grant and donor coordination; discounted Arts Business Clinics for general business guidance.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Shunpike’s mission is to fuel innovation in the arts by building productive partnerships, cultivating leadership, and providing direct services to arts groups of all kinds. Shunpike offers assistance in areas like fundraising, strategic planning and more. Through Arts Business Clinics and fiscal sponsorship programs, Shunpike supports the long-term goals of Washington arts groups. Shunpike advocates to funders, government agencies, major institutions and the media about the needs of smaller arts groups in the region. Shunpike also serves as a facilitator between the business community, government agencies and the arts, supporting partnerships that address overlapping needs of these sectors.