8201 Greensboro Dr. Suite 702
Tysons, VA 22102-3818
Director of Program Operations
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2008
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2010
Number of sponsored projects: 350
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Our application fee is $385 and our annual fee is $500. We charge 8% of the incoming donations and require an initial $5,000 in confirmed funding for applicants.
- Has an advisory group
- Other: Our mission is to create symbiotic relationships with social entrepreneurs to facilitate their intended charitable projects that make a better life for people on a local, national or even international level.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Drug treatment
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- International development
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice: No lobbying programs.
- Social services
- Youth development
- Other: The charitable projects we accept and undertake at UCP will be able to have tax-exempt status under our auspices, as long as these projects remain in good standing. We strive to share our knowledge and expertise with our projects to help them grow and succeed.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: By administratively supporting individual projects in many different charitable areas at nominal costs, UCP is able to affect constructive social change at a grassroots level, on a project-by-project basis. UCP performs the various administrative tasks for these projects so that they will eventually make an impact and create a progressive, positive social change in our world.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
Our mission is to create symbiotic relationships with social entrepreneurs to facilitate their intended charitable projects that make a better life for people in our community at a local, national or even international level. As of January 1st, 2011, UCP has assumed fiscal sponsorship of the 1,000 charitable programs of Congressional District Programs.