Austin Creative Alliance
81 San Marcos St. #C
Austin, TX 78702
Member Services Manager
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1981
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: Early 1990s
Number of sponsored projects: 80
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
$150 annual membership fee, plus 10% of donations and grants. For an additional optional fee of $200 per year, our sponsored projects can be added to our liability insurance policy.
- Aligned mission/values: Our mission is to advance, connect and celebrate Austin’s creative life to strengthen our creative economy and benefit the well-being of our community.
- Other: We offer fiscal sponsorships to creative and/or cultural projects that do not currently have nonprofit status but are not-for-profit in nature.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture: music, theatre, dance, visual art, film, etc.
- Education: arts/creative
- Festivals and events
Services we offer projects:
- Office space: We also offer studio/rehearsal space
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Other: marketing assistance
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
The Alliance is an established nonprofit arts service organization providing critical support services to more than 780 diverse organizations across all disciplines in the creative sector. The Alliance works to strengthen and build our creative community and bring new audiences to the arts. The Alliance’s core services include marketing, ticketing and audience development; fiscal sponsorship; technical assistance and professional development; information and referral services; outreach and advocacy. The Alliance is especially proud of its fiscal sponsorship program, which supports emerging arts groups and individual artists.