Urban Affairs Coalition
1207 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Manager of Program Partner Services
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1969
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1981
Number of sponsored projects: 80
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
For the comprehensive suite of back-office services, legal framework, and capacity-building support that UAC provides, each program partner is allocated a share of total costs. This cost allocation is equal to 8%-12% of the program partner’s gross annual revenue. Cost allocations are based on the complexity and volume of financial and human resources services, transactions and reports required. Additionally, program partners should reserve a minimum of 1% of gross annual revenue for insurance costs, as well as a minimum of 1% of gross annual revenue for audit costs.
- Aligned mission/values
- Other: No owned real estate. Advisory group developed.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Drug treatment
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth development
- Other: • Other: Our priorities are strengthening the nonprofit sector, improving the life chances of youth and young adults and building wealth in urban communities.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Computer IT
- Human resource management
- Legal services
- Office space
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: We are expanding our services to include building the capacity and quality of our program partners. This includes providing access to performance measurement and management systems, a team of research and evaluation specialists and senior-level policy makers and field of interest (youth, working families, economic equity) leaders.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
- Model F, Technical Assistance
The Urban Affairs Coalition’s (UAC) mission is to unite government, business, neighborhoods and individual initiatives to improve the quality of life in the region, build wealth in urban communities and solve emerging issues. Our priorities focus on three areas: improving life chances for youth and young adults; building wealth in urban communities; and strengthening the nonprofit sector. Through fiscal sponsorship, UAC provides capacity-building support to grassroots nonprofits, large and small, serving more than 80 nonprofit organizations in the UAC network of programs.