Unique Projects Inc.
40 Broad St., Suite 602
New York, NY 10004
(212) 278-8111 x3423
Unique Projects Manager
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1982
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1982
Number of sponsored projects: 70
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
For unincorporated artists, UP charges a processing fee of 5.5% of all monetary contributions received and re-contributed to artists. For LLCs and incorporated artists, UP charges a processing fee of 7.5% of all monetary contributions received and re-contributed to artists. For artists wishing to receive in-kind contributions, UP charges an annual membership fee of $100. There are no annual or membership fees for artists not wishing to receive in-kind contributions.
- Aligned mission/values: Advancement of the performing arts
- Type of service: Performing Arts
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture: Dance, Theater, Interdisciplinary/multimedia including either dance or theater
Services we offer projects:
- Bookkeeping/accounting: Bookkeeping may be added onto fiscal sponsorship through Pentacle’s bookkeeping service. Inquire at https://www.pentacle.org/artist-services/fiscal/bookkeeping/
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Unique Projects, Inc. is a nonprofit fiscal sponsorship program administered by Pentacle/Dance Works, Inc. Created in 1982, the program’s mission is to serve the performing arts community by connecting artists to the funding resources they need to make and show their work. Under the Unique projects nonprofit umbrella, artists are able to receive tax-deductible donations from individuals as well as be eligible for some institutional support. Pentacle’s staff work with Unique’s fiscally sponsored artists to support their goals and ensure full compliance with nonprofit tax law.