Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
6 West 48th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Vice President, Sponsored Projects and Funds
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1991
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1991
Number of sponsored projects: 45
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Our fees are customized for each client. They generally range from 5%-12% of distributions on an annual basis. Larger projects may operate off of a sliding scale that may be less than 5% in some cases. The fee range depends on many variables including, but not limited to, size of budget, number of transactions, geography, due diligence, risk levels, etc.
- Aligned mission/values
- Minimum budget
- Other: Projects must be aligned with RPA’s mission, expertise, values and policies. In addition, projects generally need to have a duration of at least one year and generally have an annual budget of $1 million or more. RPA prefers to engage projects where it is providing programmatic support in addition to administrative and management support.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- International development
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Youth development
- Other: As long as projects are aligned with RPA’s mission, expertise, values and policies, RPA will consider a broad array of issue areas.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Human resource management
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors helps donors create thoughtful, effective philanthropy throughout the world. The organization, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, was developed by the Rockefeller family as its private philanthropy service, and traces its antecedents to John D. Rockefeller Sr., who in 1891 began to professionally manage his philanthropy “as if it were a business.” Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors represents the cumulative knowledge and experience of more than a century of high-quality professional service to America’s most philanthropic family. In addition to its fiscal sponsorship services, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors currently serves more than 150 donors in facilitating over $200 million in annual gifts and grants to more than two dozen countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America and North America. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors provides research and counsel on charitable giving, develops philanthropic programs, and offers complete program, administrative and management services for foundations and trusts. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors is one of the world’s largest philanthropy services, with 45 full-time staff in our New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco offices. Senior staff are frequent speakers and are quoted often in national publications and media.