Palms for Life Fund
4 West 43rd Street Suite 611
New York, NY 100136
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2006
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2014
Number of sponsored projects: 2
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
The Sponsorship Fee ranges from 7% to 10% depending on the level of the sponsorhip. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Aligned mission/values: Access to Food, Water and Sanitation and Education for All
- Minimum budget: $10,000
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families
- Education: Particularly early childhood development and primary education
- Health/nutrition: Sanitation, access to water, school feeding, nutrition information sharing, food habits; all issues pertaining to U.S. food security and hunger, (access, quality, obesity, waste) via our Faces of Hunger Film Festival.
- International development: Furthering the UN Sustainable Development Goals with a particular focus on food, water and sanitation and education
- Women: Girls’ education and women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Other: Art for Life, as a fundraising mechanism whereby net proceeds support our social development projects worldwide
Services we offer projects:
- Auditing: Annual external audit
- Bill paying
- Organizational development
- Other: Overall program management including project design, monitoring and evaluation, sustainability and results assessment
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model B, Independent Contractor Project: All activities or projects that we sponsor are part of our portfolio even if implemented by an outside contractor.
- Model E, Supporting Organization
- Model F, Technical Assistance
Palms for Life is a U.S.-based nonprofit founded in 2006 by Hannah Laufer-Rottman, a former longtime employee of the U.N. World Food Programme. The organization provides high-quality management services to grantmakers interested in social investment focusing on sustainable access to food, water, sanitation and education. The philosophy of Palms for Life is always universal: We want ALL individuals to access all they need to live a healthy and dignified life, from a human rights perspective. We operate with a sense of urgency and collective responsibility.