International Information Policy Foundation, Inc.
331 W 57th Street Ste 439
New York, NY 10019
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2010
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2012
Number of sponsored projects: 1
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
We charge an initial $75 application fee and then, if the project is appropriate according to the mission of the organization, and we are interested, we will enter into a contract with project manager(s) to act as a re-granting organization. The IIPF retains 10% of all funds submitted by donors or grant organizations for administrative purposes before re-granting to the project under the Fiscal Sponsorship arrangement under Gregory Colvin’s Model C of Fiscal Sponsorship. (About Model C and other models of Fiscal Sponsorship, and before application, please see: Adler Colvin.)
- Aligned mission/values: Projects must involve media and/or information (can also include research projects with aggregation, analysis and dissemination of data) as it concerns international relations and/or humanitarian affairs.
- Other: Again, projects can be media-related (art, photojournalism, film, television, publishing, web, interactive, performance, etc.) or examining the role of information–but in relation to international relations and/or humanitarian affairs.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- International development
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Other: Advising on projects, if appropriate. We only offer bookkeeping and accounting for the incoming grants and donations, and subsequent re-granting to the specific project(s) as appropriate for Model C; each project is different and depending upon the relationship desired or appropriate, we may offer advice if asked.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
We act as a nexus among media, information, international relations, and humanitarian affairs. One of our initiatives is also the MIPJ, a hybrid journal for this purpose, which may be seen at: MIPJ.