African Voices Communications, Inc.
270 W. 96th St.
New York, NY 10025
Carolyn A. Butts
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1992
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1997
Number of sponsored projects: 1-3
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
5% to 10% fee depending on grant size and organization size. For example, for grants in the range of $500 to $1,000 we would charge less, especially if the organization is new.
- Aligned mission/values: Preference for organizations that support and provide access for artists of color.
- Minimum budget: $5,000
- Other: Organization must be fiscally responsible to administer program. Mail formal fiscal sponsorship request to our office with organization’s mission and overview of programmatic activities with any brochures or other background materials. Organization must have its headquarters in the United States.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Festivals and events
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Use of our nonprofit status to process donations until organization gains its own 501(c)(3) status.
African Voices is a non-profit arts organization that supports the art and literature of people of color. The organization publishes a quarterly literary magazine and sponsors literary readings, community forums, a writers’ conference and a film festival for women of color.