2311 N 45th St.
Seattle, WA 98103
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2007
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2007
Number of sponsored projects: 200
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
There are no membership fees to join. Organizations selected to join the Omprakash network will be charged a flat 2% administrative fee on donations after the first $10,000 raised. (Zero fees on the first $10,000 raised.) Donors have the option to cover the 2% fee, plus the 2.2% credit card processing fee, if applicable, and monthly recurring donation processing is available.
- Aligned mission values: Omprakash seeks mission-aligned Partners working to enact social change in a wide variety of areas.
- Other: Complete application and interview process.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Drug treatment
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- International development
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth development
- Other: Omprakash aims to support social change organizations working across diverse thematic areas, including those that provide gender-based, human rights and LBBTQ+ advocacy.
Services we offer projects:
- Computer IT
- EdGE online learning platform
- Human resource management
- IT support and partner dashboard training
- Organizational development and consultation
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Omprakash offers a dynamic, robust dashboard with myriad tools to our Partners. Set up crowdfunding campaigns, recruit volunteers, take online professional development courses, showcase stories, apply for in-house grants, attend conferences, and more. See http://www.omprakash.org/become-a-partner to learn more.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model B, Independent Contractor Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
- Model D, Group Extension
- Model F, Technical Assistance
Omprakash is a 501c3 nonprofit that works at the intersection of community-based development, higher education, crowdfunding, digital learning and storytelling. Think Peace Corps / AmeriCorps meets GoFundMe meets Coursera meets Medium. There are two main pillars: 1) We connect social impact organizations in more than 40 countries with an audience of volunteers, donors and other supporters, and 2) We deliver customized online learning programs to universities, nonprofits and other collaborators that seek to deepen critical reflection and dialogue about processes of social change.