2311 N 45th St.
Seattle, WA 98103
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2007
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2007
Number of sponsored projects: 168
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Organizations selected to join the Omprakash network can raise $10,000 with zero administrative fees. After the $10,000 threshold is crossed, Omprakash charges a flat 2% administrative fee on donations. (Donors have the option to cover the 2% fee, plus the 2.2% credit card fee, if applicable). There are no membership fees or any other kinds of fees.
- Aligned mission values: Omprakash seeks mission-aligned Partners working to enact social change in a wide variety of areas.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Drug treatment
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- International development
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth development
- Other: Omprakash aims to support social change organizations working across diverse thematic areas. We especially want to Partner with organizations that have a desire to utilize volunteers/interns and to participate in the rich Omprakash ecosystem of Partner organizations around the world.
Services we offer projects:
- Computer IT
- Human resource management
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: Omprakash offers a dynamic, robust dashboard with myriad tools to our Partners. Set up crowdfunding campaigns, recruit volunteers, take online professional development courses, showcase stories, apply for in-house grants, attend conferences, and more. See omprakash.org/partnerhandbook.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
- Model D, Group Extension
- Model F, Technical Assistance
Omprakash is a 501c3 nonprofit that works at the intersection of community-based development, higher education, crowdfunding, digital learning and storytelling. Think Peace Corps / AmeriCorps meets GoFundMe meets Coursera meets Medium. There are two main pillars: 1) We connect social impact organizations in more than 40 countries with an audience of volunteers, donors and other supporters, and 2) We deliver customized online learning programs to universities, nonprofits and other collaborators that seek to deepen critical reflection and dialogue about processes of social change.