(Formerly MAP for Nonprofits)
One Main St. SE, Suite 600
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Fiscal Sponsorship Manager
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1982
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2013
Number of sponsored projects: 50
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Application fee: A $100 nonrefundable fee due at the time of application; setup fee: a $300 one-time fee due upon acceptance. Ongoing fees: administrative fee of 7%-9% of charitable funds received by the project (we do not accept any noncharitable funds), and a $100 annual renewal fee.
- Aligned mission values: Statement of intent aligns with Propel Nonprofits’ mission, vision, and values https://www.propelnonprofits.org/our-story/
- Only projects located in our state or region: Minnesota or within the Native Nations that share this geography
- Other: Experience with or direct connection to the community you plan to serve and partner with; market analysis to ensure no one else is already doing this work; have already taken some action to begin the work; will apply funds raised toward nonprofit purposes with a clear charitable mission; willing to incorporate or have an unincorporated association agreement and secure an EIN; have a plan to achieve financial viability and programmatic success. Ineligible projects are those designed primarily to benefit an individual or noncharitable business; operating international activities; raising funds through charitable gambling; offering mental health care, medical services, personal care, or childcare as a core service; requiring exceptional governmental oversight and licensing; already have 501(c)(3) status.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- International development
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Other: Training in QuickBooks Online; one-on-one support from experienced Propel Nonprofits staff; access to discounted Propel Nonprofits trainings; guidance as you set your strategy and long-term goals.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Our mission is to fuel the impact and effectiveness of nonprofits with guidance, expertise and capital.