(Formerly MAP for Nonprofits)
One Main St. SE, Suite 600
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Fiscal Sponsorship Director
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1982
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2013
Number of sponsored projects: 80
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Setup Fees. Once a program is accepted, a $500 one-time setup fee is charged that covers: initial setup, chart of accounts setup, accounting and project management software, budget assistance. Program Fees. We offer two levels of fiscal sponsorship fees. Tier 1: 7% of funds received by program; Tier 2: 9% of funds received by program (available only to Minnesota-based programs)
- Aligned mission values
- Geographic: Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin or Iowa although some programming can occur outside those states.
- Other: Apply funds raised toward nonprofit purposes/have a clear charitable mission; willing to incorporate or sign an unincorporated association agreement; have, or be willing to acquire, an EIN; have a plan to achieve financial viability and programmatic success. Projects engaged in the following activities are ineligible for sponsorship: Those designed primarily to benefit an individual or business; international activities involving financial transactions; raising funds through charitable gambling; mental health care, medical services, personal care or child care as a core service; those that require exceptional governmental oversight and licensing.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- International development
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Organizational development
- Tax reporting
- Other: Conference room (no fee), hoteling space, training. Not all services are available to all projects.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Our mission is to fuel the impact and effectiveness of nonprofits with guidance, expertise and capital.