Filmmakers Collaborative, Inc.
6 Eastman Place, #202
Melrose, MA 02176
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1986
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1986
Number of sponsored projects: 1,000+ over history, 85 at any one time
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Current rate is 5% plus annual dues (which come with benefits, described below under “Services”) and annual fee for certain federally-funded projects bringing in over $500,000.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture: film, video, websites, new media, engagement campaigns, multi-platform projects,
- Festivals and events: Conferences, festivals, events related to film projects we sponsor
- Other: Feature films (income we receive must be donation, not investment)
Services we offer projects:
• Personalized help setting up accounts
• Access to national funding database
• Participation in FC Google Group
• Discounted tickets to FC and other programs and events
• Bio, link to film website, and paypal button on FC’s website
• Participation in FC’s mentoring group
• Invitation to semi-annual parties and events sponsored by FC• Participating in filmmaker open houses — rough cut screenings,/schmoozing Filmmakers Collaborative (FC) is one of the premier fiscal sponsors in the U.S., offering high touch services and a range of valuable services for one of the lowest rates in the country. Upon payment of annual dues ($200 the first year admitted, $150 thereafter), FC filmmakers have access to a national funding database, participation in the FC google group, discounted tickets to a range of media conferences and events, a Paypal tab on FC’s website, and participation in our mentoring group.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
FC provides fiscal sponsorship and opportunities for professional development and networking for filmmakers of all ages and experience levels. We produce the Making Media Now Conference, which attracts industry professionals from across the country. In 2013 we launched the “Boston International KIDS Film Festival,” with 3 days of films for, by and about kids from around the world and workshops on filmmaking and media literacy. The FC community includes nationally recognized filmmakers who have produced award-winning work for PBS, HBO, Discovery and other cable outlets, as well as museums, corporations and the Web.