Documentary Educational Resources
101 Morse St.
Watertown, MA 02472
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1971
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1972
Number of sponsored projects: 40
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
$100 project initiation fee. Administrative fees are 5-8%
- Aligned mission/values
- Other: The project must have a media-related component. We do not sponsor narrative films.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Ethnographic and documentary films and media including short-form, long-form, interactive and new media projects
- Film festivals, screenings and events related to the history and contemporary practice of documentary filmmaking
- Educational programming related to documentary film
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Other:Consulting on fundraising and grant writing, story development, and film festival, distribution and outreach strategies. We also convene rough cut screenings and feedback sessions.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
DER is a non-profit media arts organization that serves an international community interested in ethnographic, cross-cultural and documentary film. Founded in 1968, DER has been serving filmmakers and educators through our Distribution and Filmmaker Services Programs for nearly 50 years.