Community Foundation of East Central Illinois
404 W. Church St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1972
Year of first fiscal sponsorship:
Number of sponsored projects: 4
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Fee ranges from 0% to 7.5% depending on the circumstances and the funding source. If it is a small nonprofit that requests our assistance until they receive confirmation of their 501(c)(3) status, we may not charge a fee as our contribution to their effort. On the other hand, we serve as the fiscal agent for a partnership of organizations that has a grant from a private foundation. It allows for a 7.5% fee.
- Aligned mission/values
- Geographic: The Community Foundation of East Central Illinois serves all or part of these counties: Champaign, Coles, Douglas, Edgar, Ford, Iroquois, Moultrie, Piatt, Vermilion. Organizations requesting fiscal sponsorship from us must reside in these counties and provide services there.
- Type of service
- Other: We often assist groups that are in the process of becoming a 501(c)(3).
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Drug treatment
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Social services
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
The Community Foundation is a public-supported, tax-exempt philanthropic organization created to receive contributions that establish endowments for the long-term benefit of east central Illinois. We support and serve our donors by managing and administering endowed and other funds that have been place with us for long-term philanthropic purposes. We also assist our donors by assisting nonprofit organizations in a variety of ways.