Service Dogs of Florida, Inc.
145 East Story Road
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2010
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2011
Number of sponsored projects: 2+
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
5%-10% of project revenue based on services required. Fee includes all the standard transaction fees (merchant/bank/cc) and our overhead to administer the project.
- Aligned mission/values: Service animals & technology for the Disabled, Disability Education
- Type of service: Project must be aligned with our mission of supporting the disabled, or providing services, education or materials for the disabled and public education.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Other: Service animal independent trainers (SD Trainer), Service animal programs (SD schools), Specialized disability equipment and supplies (dog equipment, guide harnesses, ADA computer equipment), Disability education, Social services, Disability services, Youth services (at-risk teens)
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Bookkeeping/accounting: bill paying
- Computer IT: Web hosting, technology assistance
- Human resource management
- Organizational development: structure and development, guidelines, training assistance, standardized forms and documents
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Other: Industry membership assistance, consulting on grant-writing, education and training
Formed by the community to help fill the need for service dogs in our state. Service Dogs of Florida is a not-for-profit organization that offers dignity, hope, and independence by providing highly trained & skilled service dogs and technology to individuals with disabilities while serving the community by advancing public education of disabilities, the ADA and service dogs through advocacy, education, research and service. We have also assisted new schools in other states to start up, providing them guidelines, methods, organizational structure and fiscal sponsorship while they grow under our guidance.