Washington Peace Center
1525 Newton St. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20010
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1963
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: Mid 1960s? Not certain, records not avai
Number of sponsored projects: 15
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
- Aligned mission/values
- Geographic: We prioritize groups that are 1) based in the DC Metro area and working on local issues and 2) groups that work on national or international issues that WPC is actively engaged in, such as peace, anti-war and movement-building work.
- Type of service: The project must involve public education an/or other charitable 501(c)(3) activities that further the charitable goals of WPC.
- Other: We prioritize providing resources for smaller groups who might not always have access to administrative support. Larger groups are not excluded from this program. Groups we fiscally sponsor need to have read and agreed with our vision and core values and be able to explain how their organizational goals and objectives correlate with them. Applications are due March 1, June 1, and October 1.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
WPC is a 44-year-old grassroots peace and social justice advocacy organization in and for the Washington, D.C., region. We are an information clearinghouse, an organizer of nonviolent demonstrations, producer and promoter of cultural events, an educational resource, and a fiscal sponsor for embryonic groups whose objectives align with ours.