Alliance for Global Justice
225 E. 26th St. Suite 1
Tucson, AZ 85713
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1998
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2002
Number of sponsored projects: 100
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
7% straight fee for checks and 8% for credit cards regardless of number of services fiscally sponsored group takes advantage of.
- Aligned mission/values: Progressive, grassroots
- No government funding: No federal government funding
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Disaster relief: Latin America and the Caribbean primarily
- Economic development
- Education: Latin America and the Caribbean primarily
- Environment/sustainable growth: global to local
- Festivals and events: Limited to those seeking to change US culture of militarism and/or US government policies
- Health/nutrition: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- Housing: Local housing and public land use issue groups
- International development: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- People or communities of color/minorities: Grassroots advocacy groups rather than direct service groups
- Political advocacy/social justice: This is our primary area of interest (no party affiliation allowed)
- Women: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- Youth development: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- Other: Anti-war, grassroots advocacy for veterans and active duty soldiers desiring to get out of the military.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Bookkeeping/accounting: Income that comes through us.
- Insurance: Group health policy for employees; liability for events and conferences
- Payroll and independent 1099 contractor payments
- Receiving property and stock donations; process donations
- Tax reporting: As part of AfGJ’s annual 990
Progressive grassroots foreign policy advocacy organization in solidarity with social movements and governments working to achieve a multi-polar world in which sovereignty and self-determination are respected, in which economic inequities are being removed and in which sustainable development is improving the lives of families while protecting the environment in which our children will live. Most of all, to build a world in which war and violence become unthinkable.