Pacifica’s Environmental Family
P.O. Box 259
Pacifica, CA 94044
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1998
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1998
Number of sponsored projects: 5
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
7% of revenue, if organization has no payroll
- Aligned mission values
- Has an advisory group
Details: Promote the discovery of, and caring for, San Francisco’s and San Mateo Peninsula’s wealth of natural resources.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Other: Projects that support our mission: Helping restore, protect and beautify the environment; raising awareness of environmental issues; offering education on natural history; and inspiring stewardship and community.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Tax reporting
- Other: Back office accounting services from paying bills to tax filings. Projects approve expense payments and submit for bill payment; monthly reports detail project income and expenses. Payroll services for added fee.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
Pacifica’s Environmental Family is an all-volunteer organization that promotes a wide variety of environmental education programs from habitat restoration and species preservation to cleanups and awareness campaigns, and presents forums on current issues such as climate change and sea level rise.