Use The News Foundation
2261 Market St., Suite 309
San Francisco, CA 94114
Dr. Betty L. Sullivan
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1999
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1999
Number of sponsored projects: Approximately 100, but not all active at once
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
- Aligned mission/values
- Other: Educational projects using some form of media as a tool for teaching and learning.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Drug treatment
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- International development
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth development
- Other: Media Education; Sexuality Education; Diversity Education; Human Rights; Gender Studies and more.
Services we offer projects:
- Other: Varies project by project, depending on the needs.* Fiscal sponsor services. * Community education program development and implementation, specializing in projects that about related to media education (such as how to use the Internet or other forms of media ranging from print to new media, human rights education, First Amendment education, voter education, adult literacy. * Training workshops for educator, students, adult learners and others. * Instructional materials development such as curriculum guides and publications of various types. * Organizational consultation and development.
Use The News Foundation was established to provide fiscal sponsor and education program development services for projects that in some way use “media” as a tool for teaching and learning. Media is defined broadly, and examples vary: print publications; broadcast or cable TV; film and motion pictures; radio; Internet-based and more. A key goal is to assist learners of all ages gain the skills to use media as a tool for gaining information needed to be in control of one’s own life.