Foundation For Montana History
1750 N. Washington St.
Helena, MT 59601
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1985
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2001
Number of sponsored projects: 8
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
- Aligned mission values
- Only projects located in our state or region
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Other: The Foundation For Montana History provides fiscal sponsorship opportunities to groups or organizations dedicated to preserving Montana’s history and culture. Sponsored projects or programs are of historic significance and are of public benefit in perpetuity.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill Paying
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: The Foundation will send all required acknowledgements to donors of tax-deductible contributions and will submit all required fiscal sponsor grant reports. The Foundation requires sponsored organizations to be responsible for general grant reporting requirements, tax returns, employment taxes, insurance, debts, liabilities, etc.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
The Foundation for Montana History is an independent, nonprofit corporation preserving the rich legacy of Montana’s past — one story, one community, one project at a time. We grant funds, mobilize the generosity of donors, and collaborate with individuals and organizations to explore and honor Montana’s history.