Media Arts Center San Diego
2921 ElCajon Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92115
(619) 230-1938 ext. 101
Ethan van Thillo
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1999
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1999
Number of sponsored projects: 9
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
5% admin. Fee only
- Other: We have no specific eligibility criteria and have helped various organizations and projects. However, MACSD would ideally like to be a fiscal sponsor for media-related projects, organizations or productions. That said, MACSD is happy to assist any project or small group that needs assistance.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Festivals and events
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth development
- Other: Media arts, video productions, film/video groups/projects.
Services we offer projects:
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model B, Independent Contractor Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Mission Statement: Media Arts Center San Diego promotes access to film and video as tools for community self-expression and social change and supports the professional development of media artists. Vision Statement: Media Arts Center San Diego endorses the inclusion of underrepresented communities in the media arts field and the portrayal of accurate images of these communities by mainstream media and promotes community access to and use of media technology.