1100 North Main St., #A
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1971
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2013
Number of sponsored projects: 46
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
$50 application fee, 7.5% administration fee and pass-through credit card merchant fees. Webpage hosting, online processing, gift acknowledgement and other services are available on a per-fee basis.
- Aligned mission values: Artists or organizations intended for purposes directly related to Artrain’s vision and mission.
- Other: Because Artrain accepts programmatic and fiscal responsibility for its projects, applicants must demonstrate a high level of professional practice in managing their endeavors.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Festivals and events
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: Artrain’s project management and fiscal sponsorship service information is available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model B, Independent Contractor Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
- Model F, Technical Assistance
Artrain provides project management services to artists and/or arts and cultural institutions. Its mission is to deliver discovery and, through the power of arts and culture, transform lives, organizations and communities. It defines community geographically or as people with common interests. Originally delivering its programs on a museum-on-a-train that used America’s rail system, Artrain retired its rail museum in 2008. Today, Artrain uses a variety of delivery methods. Founded in 1971, Artrain received the National Medal for Museum Service, our nation’s highest honor for a museum.