Ink People Inc.
525 Seventh St.
Eureka, CA 95501
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1981
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1985
Number of sponsored projects: 100
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
12.5% of income, unless it is revenue from the “door” of an event, which is charged 5%. No charge on inkind.
- Aligned mission/values: Arts and/or culture
- Geographic: Most in northwestern CA, but a few nationally.
- Other: Must be able to meet with the Executive Director in-person and make an in person presentation to the Board of Directors.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture: all types
- Children, youth and families: as related to arts and culture
- Economic development: arts and culture centered
- Education: arts in education
- Festivals and events: arts and culture
- People or communities of color/minorities: arts and culture focused/traditional arts
- Youth development: leadership and job skills through arts
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Computer IT
- Human resource management
- Office space
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
The Ink People changes lives by connecting the community with resources for cultural development. We encourage people to exercise their humanity, build civic discourse, and engage their creative potential. We are actively weaving the arts into the fabric of community. We are organized on community access principles and the belief that art is essential to the human spirit and well-being. We base our activities in a philosophy of sharing and community building. We know that young people are the future and are incredibly challenged by today’s world, so we try to give them tools to build successful and fulfilling lives.