Oakland Parks and Recreation Foundation
P.O. Box 13267
Oakland, CA 94661
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1981
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1982
Number of sponsored projects: 90
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
8% for all community-based accounts. Fee is charged as funds are deposited with Friends.
- Aligned mission/values
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Youth development
- Other: Basically, a program has to impact an Oakland park or recreation center that is under the jurisdiction of the city’s Department of Parks and Recreation. Other than that, it can be any type of program as long as it is occurring at a park.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: Strategic Advice
The Oakland Parks and Recreation Foundation supports parks and recreation programs for everyone in Oakland.