Oakland, CA 94612
Melanie St. James
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2001
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2003
Number of sponsored projects: 10
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
- Aligned mission/values: must advance Empowerment Works’ broad mission toward a healthier, culturally rich, biodiverse and sustainable future.
- Has an advisory group: must have three primary advisors or program directors and one point person/liaison communicating policies between Empowerment Works and project.
- Other: Empowerment Works is a facilitating organization building a global network of Partners In Empowerment. We aim to integrate projects as much as possible in events such as the Global Summit and other collaborative initiatives. See our Website for more information on our mission.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- International development
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Youth development
- Other: Empowerment Works’ fiscal sponsorship advisory committee approves projects each month. Please review www.empowermentworks.org/fiscal.html and submit to email@example.com
Services we offer projects:
- Receiving property and stock donations: case-by-case basis
- Tax reporting
- Other: we also provide community outreach workshops.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
Our philosophy: When people are empowered, they contribute more positively to their communities and to our world. Our mission: Empowerment Works is dedicated to empowering people, businesses and organizations with the tools, resources and knowledge they need to co-create a healthy, culturally rich and biodiverse future.