1187 Coast Village Rd., Suite 101
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Melanie St. James
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2001
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2003
Number of sponsored projects: 35
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
5% plus one-time onboarding fee of $275 after application is approved
- Aligned mission/values: Must advance Empowerment Works’ broad mission toward a healthier, culturally rich, biodiverse future.
- Has an advisory group: Must have three primary advisors/team members supporting one accountable representative to Empowerment Works.
- Other: Empowerment Works is a facilitating organization building a global network of Partners In Empowerment. We aim to integrate projects as much as possible in events such as TheGlobalSummit.org and inspiring media and other collaborative initiatives. See our Website for more information.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- International development
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Youth development
- Other: Empowerment Works’ fiscal sponsorship advisory committee approves projects each month. Please review www.empowermentworks.org/fiscal.html and submit to email@example.com
Services we offer projects:
- Bookkeeping/accounting: Project bank account set up and guidance
- Insurance: Board of directors insurance and management
- Receiving property and stock donations: Case-by-case basis
- Tax reporting: General compliance, 1099s/W9s
- Other: We also host community outreach workshops, social impact salons, and a project group on Facebook to share tools; online fundraising
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
Our philosophy: When people are empowered, they contribute more positively to their communities and to our world. Our mission: Empowerment Works is dedicated to empowering people, businesses and organizations with the tools, resources and knowledge they need to co-create a healthy, culturally rich and biodiverse future.