44 Gough Street, Suite 201
San Francisco, CA 94103-5423
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1983
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1986
Number of sponsored projects: 120
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Upon acceptance in the fiscal sponsorship program, an annual fee of $75 is due at the time a contract is signed between Dancers’ Group and the project. Typically we deduct a 10% administrative fee on all project funds raised (grants and donations) and 5% on any single grant or donation over $20,000. In addition to the ability to raise funds for your project, fiscally sponsored projects receive: Quarterly finance statements sent to you, 10 issues a year of In Dance delivered first class, monthly grant deadline calendar, advertising discounts, performance forecasting calendar, Weekly E-Bulletins featuring auditions, jobs, free and discounted tickets, national news and more. Access to free workshops.
- Aligned mission/values
- Other: Dancers’ Group will consider projects for sponsorship if they are: Dance, including multidisciplinary works or projects, serving community needs, serious in intent and well-planned, responsible about proper reporting to funding sources and to the IRS show potential for future development, non-legislative.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Other: Dance-based
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Insurance: Access to Liability insurance
- Organizational development
- Other: Individual consultation
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Dancers’ Group promotes the visibility and viability of dance. We serve San Francisco Bay Area artists, the dance community, and audiences through programs and services that are as collaborative and innovative as the creative process itself. Founded in 1982, our programs support the second largest dance community in the country through public presenting, commissioning, print and online publications, fiscal sponsorship, re-granting and advocacy work.