8200 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2014
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2015
Number of sponsored projects: 10
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Hacker Fund charges a 10% administrative fee on all funds raised for Model C projects, and a 15% fee for all funds raised for Model A projects.
- Aligned mission/values: The applicant must be a technologist or technology organization. Projects must be charitable, educational, or scientific according to IRS guidelines. The applicant must be creating a project that is helping the disadvantaged, educating the community, or protecting the environment.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families: Providing resources for group education
- Festivals and events: Including but not limited to hackathons and conferences
- People or communities of color/minorities: Increasing their accessibility to technology education
- Women: Increasing their accessibility to technology education
- Youth development: In the technology sector
Services we offer projects:
- Computer IT
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Other: Access to technical volunteers, fundraising software, grant database, sponsorship tools, workspace, software/hardware lab, discounted tools, coaching
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model B, Independent Contractor Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
- Model F, Technical Assistance
- Model L, Single Member LLC
We empower technologists to create social change by incubating their charitable, educational and scientific projects. Our members receive educational resources, capacity-building support, and fiscal sponsorship.