3435 Ocean Park Blvd. #107 PMB 124
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2014
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2015
Number of sponsored projects: 10
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Hacker Fund charges a monthly subscription fee: $15 for individuals and $25 for organizations for all members. Members approved for fiscal sponsorship also must pay the 10% admin fee on all funds raised from foundations or public donations, and 15% on all government funding raised through Hacker Fund.
- Aligned mission/values: Provide resources for STEM education
Note: The applicant must be a technologist or technology organization that has legal standing the United States and a bank account. Projects must be charitable, educational, or scientific according to IRS guidelines. The applicant must be creating a project that is helping to liberate the disadvantaged, educate the community or protect the environment.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families: Providing resources for group education
- Festivals and events: Including but not limited to hackathons and conferences
- People or communities of color/minorities: Increasing their accessibility to technology education
- Women: Increasing their accessibility to technology education
- Youth development: In the technology sector
Services we offer projects:
- Computer IT
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Other: Access to technical volunteers, fundraising software, grant database, sponsorship tools, workspace, software/hardware lab, discounted tools, coaching
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
We empower technologists to create social change by incubating their charitable, educational and scientific projects. Our members receive educational resources, capacity-building support, and fiscal sponsorship.