Wellness Works, Inc.
P.O. Box 212644
Anchorage, AK 99521
Cindy S. Carl
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2012
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2015
Number of sponsored projects: 5
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Sliding scale of 9%-15% of all cash donations, grants and in-kind gift value (all revenues from all sources) depending on revenue sources and actual monthly gross revenues. There is a one-time, $150 setup fee and an initial $100 deposit to set up your project’s Wellness Works checking account. WWI retains all interest earned on donated funds. Value-added services such as logo design, business cards, website design, brochures, answering email, typing services, etc., may be provided at additional charge, to be negotiated, depending on our sponsored project’s needs.
- Aligned mission values: All projects, that are in alignment with Wellness Works’ mission and values are invited to apply and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by our Board of Directors.
- Geographic: United States only.
- Other: Grassroots projects in early stages of development, projects with a short duration, time-sensitive projects, projects working on or waiting to obtain 501(c)(3) status, test or pilot projects, projects that want to focus resources on the charitable purpose and let a 501(c)(3) organization handle the back-end banking and administrative functions, collaboratives or coalitions, and other specialty projects are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Other: Wellness Works is broad in scope and depth and we welcome all project submissions for review. If you believe your project is aligned with our mission values but it’s not specifically listed here, please send us an inquiry with an outline of your project or cause and we will review it. Be sure to include your contact information so we can get in touch with you if we have questions or need more information. Feel free to call to discuss your project with us if you’re unsure whether it is in alignment with our mission statement and values.
Services we offer projects:
- Receiving property etc
- Tax reporting
- Other: Services for a fee include facilitating donor gift presentations to the project; communicating and following up with donors; sending donors gift acknowledgements for all forms of payment (cash, checks, credit/debit cards, PayPal, Venmo, wire transfers, other); bill paying; bookkeeping/accounting; payroll, and others. A Project Manager or Project Partner Liaison may be appointed to work with our sponsored organizations to maintain their programmatic freedom while ensuring compliance with Wellness Works’ legal and tax status requirements.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model B, Independant Contractor Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Wellness Works promotes community well-being and prosperity by bringing people together in the spirit of learning, living, working, giving and playing together.