AJ Muste Memorial Institute
55 Exchange Pl., Ste. 405
New York, NY 10005
Program and Operations Manager
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1973
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1973
Number of sponsored projects: 15
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
The Muste Institute takes a 7% administrative fee on the net amount of all donations after any donation processing fees, like credit card processing. Not included in the 7% is any fee from a vendor associated with your fund, such as returned check fees.
- Aligned mission values
- Type of service
- Minimum budget
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Environment/sustainable growth
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Youth development
- Other: See: https://ajmuste.org/page/fiscal-sponsorship
Services we offer projects:
- Other: Our fee covers all administrative costs of processing your fiscal sponsorship, such as staff time and bank fees. We also offer a free dedicated donate page on our website for each fiscally sponsored organization, and we provide affordable and collaborative space to a dozen or so groups in New York City.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C
The Muste Institute provides grants, sponsorships, and educational resources to hundreds of grassroots projects around the world. We fund innovative organizing, often with seed funds that give a necessary boost to bold ideas.