The Biodiversity Group
12690 W Cactus View Ln.
Tucson, AZ 85743
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2007
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2020
Number of sponsored projects: 7
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
7% affiliation fee based on a sliding bracket of year total revenue, $40 processing fee and optional $35 rush processing (both charged by Arizona)
- Aligned mission values: https://biodiversitygroup.org/vision-mission/
- Minimum budget: 10,000/yr., 2 yr. probationary
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Environment/sustainable growth
- We support international wildlife conservation organizations who protect “Life Overlooked” — wildlife species or areas that don’t receive adequate attention relative to other species or habitats.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Computer IT
- Legal services
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: Access to our custom grant database, tech discounts via Techsoup, Google Workspace, web hosting, Microsoft services, accounting services, Dell and HP discounts, 73% international DHL shipping discount, our massive photo and reference libraries, field equipment donations, and more.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
- Model D, Group Exemption (pending)
The Biodiversity Group protects the species and habitats that other organizations neglect — the conservation underdogs and what we term Life Overlooked. For over two decades, our programs have been improving species equality by delivering insights and discoveries that have led to life-saving protections for some of the most overlooked wildlife on our planet. Harnessing the lessons and resources from this long track record of success, we have scaled our efforts to help other nonprofits — efforts that are now making waves in the conservation space.