Center for Transformative Action
119 Anabel Taylor
Ithaca, NY 14853
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1972
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 1972
Number of sponsored projects: 25
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
We charge a percentage fee of 8-10.5% of revenues for Model A, and 4-8% of revenues for Model C.
- Aligned mission/values: transformative social change
- Geographic: Whether Model A or Model C, project must be located in New York State, although programming can occur outside the state. Project must have a charitable purpose aligned with CTA’s mission, and manifest the principles of Transformative Action through its programming and/or organizational approach. Project must demonstrate an innovative approach to addressing a social issue. A Model A Project does not need 501(c)3 status for proposed work under CTA. A Model C project must be incorporated in New York State as a nonprofit and be preparing to apply for 501(c)3 status.
- Has an advisory group
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture: transformation through the arts
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Other: alternative media and information
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Human resource management
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
- Other: Visibility on CTA publicity materials, including website, social media, email newsletter, and print materials.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
The Center for Transformative Action is an alliance of individuals and organizations inspired by principles of nonviolence and committed to bold action for justice, sustainability and peace. Our center supports change-makers with the tools to build thriving, inclusive communities that work for everyone. We serve our member organizations, the public and Cornell University by offering educational programs and strategic organizational resources.