Bay Area Community Resources
171 Carlos Drive
San Rafael, CA 94903
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1980
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2000
Number of sponsored projects: 11
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Administrative fee is 10%-15% of total revenue, depending on complexity, size of project and level of service.
- Aligned mission/values: Bay Area Community Resources (BACR) promotes the healthy development of individuals, families and communities.
- Other: There are three core components to our mission: providing direct services to promote healthy development; encouraging volunteers to provide service to their community; and building the capacity of youth and adults to effect change in their communities.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Drug treatment: intake, counseling, referral, education
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Mental health: counseling
- People or communities of color/minorities: underserved youth and adults in East Bay, San Francisco and Marin
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services: related to mission
- Youth development: after-school, youth development, and counseling programs
- Other: BACR is willing to sponsor all projects that have secure funding and are aligned with our core values and mission.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Computer IT
- Human resource management
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model B, Independent Contractor Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Bay Area Community Resources (BACR), founded in 1976, promotes the healthy development of individuals, families and communities in the San Francisco Bay Area through direct services, volunteerism and partnerships. BACR’s diverse programs focus on after-school programs, youth development, alcohol and drugs, tobacco, and mental health national service community health fiscal sponsorship.