Southern Conservation Partners, Inc.
P.O Box 33222.
Raleigh, NC 27636
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2014
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2015
Number of sponsored projects: 10
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
- Aligned mission/values
- Geographic: Only projects located in our state or region
- Type of service
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Parks/open space
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Other: Southern Conservation Partners may adopt a project for its fiscal sponsorship when it is deemed to be in accordance with its missions and objectives, and is accepted by consensus approval of a formal project application by its board of directors. See website for more details.
Services we offer projects:
- Organizational development
- Tax reporting
- Other: As a 501c3 public charity, Southern Conservation Partners can provide assistance and support to other organizations and individuals whose projects are deemed by SCP to be in accordance with and supportive of its mission to save, honor, and enhance the environmental heritage of the southern U.S.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model B, Independent Contractor Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship: expected usual relationship
Southern Conservation Partners helps local initiatives and communities across the southern U.S. to save, restore, and enhance premier environmental resources and natural heritage assets, and to engage diverse communities in environmental resources conservation and appreciation. We promote innovative collaborations designed to conserve and care for the South’s natural and cultural heritage and ecological health. We believe in the power of partnerships, creativity, and storytelling to respect and care for the South’s natural heritage. Fiscal sponsorship of adopted projects is a central program element of Southern Conservation Partners, an all-volunteer organization without paid staff, directed by a group of retired professionals. In 202,2 SCP received more than $1.25 million in grants and contributions on behalf of its fiscally sponsored projects.