Asian American Institute
4753 N Broadway St., Suite 904
Chicago, IL 60640
Director of Operations
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1992
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2003
Number of sponsored projects: 2
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
We do not have a flat rate. It depends on the situation and capacity of both organizations involved at that time.
- Aligned mission/values: AAI
- Has an advisory group
- Minimum budget
- Other: Services or offerings need to be complementary and not competitive.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Children, youth and families
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Youth development
Services we offer projects:
- Other: We are happy to share any of our resources based on the fit, need, and resources of the organization.
The Institute was established in 1992 as a pan-Asian, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. The mission is to empower the Asian Pacific American community through advocacy, by utilizing research, education and coalition building. Current programs include Voting Rights, APA Empowerment Initiative, APA Resource Guide and advocacy against hate crimes. Our motto is to “educate, advocate, and empower,” and with your help, we hope to continue doing just that.