Trust for Conservation Innovation
150 Post St.
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 421-3774, ext. 10
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2002
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2002
Number of sponsored projects: 26
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Our standard fees are 9% of revenues received for the administration of private support (donations, contributions, sponsorships/memberships, fees for services, foundation grants) and 14% of revenues received for the administration of government, public or international grants.
- Aligned mission/values
- Other: Must benefit the environment; be philanthropic in purpose; not already be a 501(c)(3) organization; have a clear program mission and strategy; have a fully developed project plan to fulfill your mission and a budget that supports your plan; have a detailed, researched funding plan to raise the money you need for your budget.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Other: Marine and fisheries conservation; land conservation; sustainable food systems; climate change; water and energy conservation
Services we offer projects:
- Human resource management
- Legal services
- Organizational development
- Tax reporting
- Other: Grant-making services; risk management support and access to legal counsel as necessary; general administration support; project relations; conference room and meeting space access.
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model A, Direct Project
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
The Trust for Conservation Innovation (TCI) helps environmental leaders fulfill their visions by providing nonprofit status and fiscal sponsorship services for innovative conservation projects. Because we take care of the financial, administrative and legal aspects of managing a nonprofit for you, you can focus on what’s really important — your mission. As fiscal sponsors, we provide structure for your vision: An administrative infrastructure so that your project can start up and focus immediately on strategy and programs; tax-exempt nonprofit status so you can get the type of funding you need; a comprehensive suite of back-office support and consultation services, along with the assurance that your project is adhering to current legal and financial regulations. Our staff focuses exclusively on environmental projects. We have a broad range of experience managing environmental nonprofits and providing a structure for environmental leaders to build on. Because we only accept a select group of projects, we have the time to offer you prompt, personalized attention, customized solutions, and the support services you really need, so you are free to do what you do best: Lead. Fulfill your vision. Grow. Working under our umbrella and sharing resources with other projects is a cost-effective solution whether you are just starting out, or you are not in a position to incorporate as a nonprofit organization. TCI can manage a wide range of legal and administrative issues as you move towards your goal. You can be confident that we have the skills and expertise to handle any issues you encounter, quickly and efficiently.