1310 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Outreach & Development Coordinator
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2002
Year of first fiscal sponsorship:
Number of sponsored projects: 40
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
8% of money received for Basic Fiscal Sponsorship program, 10% of money received for Expanded Fiscal Sponsorship program. Sliding scale annual fee of $30-$45.
- Aligned mission/values: CounterPULSE offers Fiscal Sponsorship services to independent artists and companies whose work furthers the CounterPULSE mission.
- Geographic: San Francisco Bay Area organizations only.
- Other: We prioritize projects that: * Blend more than one performance genre or discipline. Collaboration is strongly encouraged. * Are community-based and socially aware. We are interested in work that addresses current social, political or environmental issues. * Have a clear vision for how they would like to participate in CounterPULSE’s community and take advantage of our unique organizational resources. * Are lead by and based in the experiences of queer artists, artists of color, and artists with disabilities.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Office space
- Organizational development
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
CounterPULSE provides support and low cost resources for emerging artists, serving as an incubator space to create socially relevant, diverse, community-based art in San Francisco. Fiscal Sponsorship is among the core programs of CounterPULSE, which also include an Artist in Residence Program, several festivals of emerging artists, and a high-quality season of dance and performance.