Chappy & Friends
72 E Elm Street, #5
Chicago, Ill. 60611
Founder and President
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2017
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2017
Number of sponsored projects: 7
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
$120 annual membership fee plus 6.5% of grants and donations processed
- Aligned mission values: We seek projects dedicated to saving or improving the lives of animals.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
Advocating for animals, saving the lives of animals and enhancing the lives of animals.
Services we offer projects:
- Accept online donations with no additional fee
- Add a Donate Now button to your Facebook page
- Help fundraise with a goal tracker, a la Go Fund Me
- Accept automatic, periodic donations
- Accept noncash donations of food, supplies, etc.
- Release funds at convenient, regular intervals; help finding and applying for grants
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right, Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Chappy & Friends ignites grassroots animal welfare projects by lending them our tax-exempt status for their individual fundraising purposes. We operate nationwide. Think of us as an “incubator” for those seeking to affect the animal kingdom in positive ways. We help those on the front lines of animal welfare to come into existence as Chappy & Friends’ projects, to grow, and to sustain themselves. We have a vision of thousands of grassroots groups rising up to respond to the abuse and suffering of animals across the United States. Current and recent projects: Show horse rehabilitation; budding shelter intervention; puppy mill advocacy; forensic veterinary investigator; potbelly pigs’ advocacy; rescue and adoption; pet foster program for dying humans. Potential projects: Documentary film; “Friends of Shelter” programs; feral cats spay/neuter.