Chappy & Friends
72 E Elm Street, #5
Chicago, Ill. 60611
Founder and President
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2017
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2017
Number of sponsored projects: 3
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
$15 per month or $120 annual membership fee (no refunds on annual memberships), plus 5.9% of donations processed
- Aligned mission values We seek projects dedicated to saving or improving the lives of animals.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
Advocating for animals, saving the lives of animals and enhancing the lives of animals.
Services we offer projects:
- Accept online donations with no additional fee
- Add a Donate Now button to your Facebook page
- Help fundraise with a goal tracker, a la Go Fund Me
- Accept automatic, periodic donations
- Accept noncash donations of food, supplies, etc.
- Release funds at convenient, regular intervals; help finding and applying for grants
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right, Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Chappy & Friends is a nationwide fiscal sponsor for animal welfare projects, an “incubator” for those seeking to positively affect the animal kingdom. We help those on the front lines of animal welfare to come into existence as Chappy & Friends’ projects, grow and sustain themselves so they have the freedom to focus on what they do best: saving, advocating for, and/or enhancing the lives of animals. Fiscal sponsorship allows projects to offer tax benefits to the large community of passionate donors who care deeply about animals and their struggles, and to get help applying for grants from empathetic funders. Use us for one project (like building a fenced-in sanctuary for feral cats) on your way to your own 501(c)(3), or if, you like what we provide, stay with us for good. Our vision is thousands of grassroots projects sprouting up to solve major problems in animal welfare.