The Learners Lab Foundation (TLLF)
Princess Garden Parkway
Lanham, MD 20706
No Pre-Application Communications
The Learners Lab Foundation Enterprise
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2015
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2015
Number of sponsored projects: 17
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Our 501c Economic Development Programs including Fiscal Sponsorships & Technical Assistance Service Center (TASC) are ONLY open to U.S.-based entities & programs. For international needs we conduct research to identify sponsorship/grant opportunities. The Foundation applies very nominal fees or service charges across the board. Visit https://FiscalSponsorships.org to download the Program Description and the appropriate Program Application for explicit details on eligibility, fees, policies, process, timelines, etc. Any cost related information, including our Admin Fee Schedule that has NOT been published is considered “CONFIDENTIAL” and not subject to public information disclosure. Our Admin Fee Policy and our proprietary Admin Fee Auto-Calculator (patent pending) is part of our Fiscal Sponsorship Awardee Welcome Package. So it is not published or linked to any web product or application.
- Geographic: U.S. entities
- Other: Fiscal sponsorships at The Learners Lab Foundation are based solely on the need of the 501c applicant. Approvals are determined solely by our Application Review Panel & Audit Committee. Sponsorships are awarded based solely upon our resource capacity to meet the applicant’s needs, and those needs can only be articulated on our Fiscal Sponsorship Application Questionnaire. Application is extensive and a thorough assessment requires time and focus to complete. There is no exception to this policy or process. Introductions, marketing/promotional materials, or referrals materials ARE NOT ACCEPTED, CONSIDERED, OR REVIEWED. Pre-application communications, IF they occur, have no bearing or impact on sponsorship award decisions.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Other: The Learners Lab Foundation’s fiscal sponsorship covers all 24 types of IRS tax-exempts, not just 501(c)(3)s. Our program is business/operational need, not project or cause. We work to connect new, future & 501c tax exempts and entrepreneurs young in operations to the business, operations, funding, staffing, communications, financial assets, media/visibility and other resources they are consistently blocked from accessing or that are priced out of their reach and will develop them in-house ourselves when a connection is not possible. We’ve also established a membership association, the Association of Tax Exempt Startups & Entrepreneur (ASETE) where founders of 501c startups can network with peers & ID problems or gaps in resource so the Foundation can develop connections, programs and solutions that eliminate those shortfalls.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Computer IT
- Human resource management
- Legal services
- Office space
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship: grant writing, grant/donation processing
- Model F, Technical Assistance: customized to each fiscal sponsorship candidate based upon specific need(s)
Model C: Pre Approved Grant Relationship.
We provide grant writing and grant/donation processing services and supports including partnerships with grant writing professionals, access to/direct participation in grant writing and development training. Model C Awardees will also gain support thru our soon to be launched, “Grant Writer/Development Services Fellowship” Program.
Model F: Technical Assistance.
Our programs are customized to suit each fiscal sponsorship candidate based upon the specific need(s) they articulate. We provide direct support or partner with mentors, SMEs, vendor partners, members of the business community as well as encourage peer networking in order to support our fiscal sponsorship awardees, and our TASC support clients
The Learners Lab Foundation is a national, charitable workforce training incubator and economic development enterprise for 501c startups & tax-exempt entrepreneurs. The Foundation helps ignored and underserved segment of our business community. In business, that means current, future, young, and/or aspiring 501c startups and tax-exempt entrepreneurs. Through job training, that means the unemployed, underemployed, ignored demographics that are underserved and marginalized, specialty groups such as military in transition, adult literacy groups, immigrants or persons for whom English is not their native language. Details about our Workforce Training Programs is being updated and will be published on our main website under The VPL at https://TheLearnersLabFoundation.org. Explicitly detailed information on our Fiscal Sponsorship Program including deadlines, application criteria, and the vetting process and program application & registration fees can be downloaded from https://FiscalSponsorships.org.