The Learners Lab Foundation (TLLF)
Princess Garden Parkway
Lanham, MD 20706
J. D. Thomas MBA, MPA, Ph.D. (underway)
Founder, CEO & Chief Resource Officer
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2015
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2015
Number of sponsored projects: 17
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
The Foundation assesses a number of fees and service charges for the range of programs, products, services, and other supports provided. TLLF’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program is tiered into four groups falling under a grant/contribution processing, organizational development, and/or technical assistance services. Primary fees include: application: range by sponsorship category from $250-$450; program registration & admin fee: disclosed per category as part of the Fiscal Sponsorship Registration Process; Technical Assistance Service Center (TASC): flat retainer fee of $500, (TASC is for entities that do not want or would not qualify for fiscal sponsorship. All other fees are or will be assessed as services are required or requested.
Kindly visit our website at www.TheLearnersLab.org, for specific details about our programs, download the Foundation brochure, the fiscal sponsorship application, and for information regarding deadlines, application criteria, the vetting process and much more.
- Geographic: U.S. entities
- Other: Sponsorships are for U.S. entities pursuing or granted status less than two years, TASC for all others.
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Disaster relief • Drug treatment
- Economic development
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- Mental health
- People or communities of color/minorities
- Political advocacy/social justice
- Social services
- Youth Development
- Other: Our sponsorships are not limited project and programs. We primarily help tax-exempts get started from the idea level through their second year of operation. Startups and young entities at this level face the most challenges because they have no funds and/or restricted access to the resource they need most. Our Technical Resource Service Center serves organizations not wanting or needing a fiscal sponsor; charitable programs and projects not needing a fiscal sponsor; and fiscal sponsorship awardees that have graduated out of the 2-year program but want to preserve their relationship.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Computer IT
- Human resource management
- Legal services
- Office space
- Organizational development
- Receiving property and stock donations
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship: grant writing, grant/donation processing
- Model F, Technical Assistance: customized to each fiscal sponsorship candidate based upon specific need(s)
Model C: Pre Approved Grant Relationship.
We provide grant writing and grant/donation processing services and supports including partnerships with grant writing professionals, access to/direct participation in grant writing and development training. Model C Awardees will also gain support thru our soon to be launched, “Grant Writer/Development Services Fellowship” Program.
Model F: Technical Assistance.
Our programs are customized to suit each fiscal sponsorship candidate based upon the specific need(s) they articulate. We provide direct support or partner with mentors, SMEs, vendor partners, members of the business community as well as encourage peer networking in order to support our fiscal sponsorship awardees, and our TASC support clients
The Learners Lab Foundation (TLLF) operates a Technical Assistance Service Center, designs & manages a portfolio of Charitable Workforce Training Programs, runs a first of its kind Executive Management Fellowship Academy, and serves as 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor for young and grassroots startups. Our mission: to develop, acquire and provide access to free and discounted professional development resources across business & industry, help future tax-exempt entities become established, and help young tax exempts launch & mobilize their operations. Our vision: to be “the” incubator of the future, for the future.