441 Saxony Rd.
Encinitas, CA 92024
Founder & Executive Director
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 2006
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2016
Number of sponsored projects: 3
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
Our fee is 7% for fiscal sponsorship. If you request Lab Services in addition to fiscal sponsorship, the admin fee is 12% for projects with budgets under $24,000 and 10% for projects over $24,000. For Lab Services, we require a minimum payment of $1,000, which will be credited toward your admin fee. This fee can be distributed across monthly payments. If you renew continuously in subsequent years – with no interruption – a minimum of $500/year will be applied towards your admin fee.
- Aligned mission/values
- Type of service
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Arts and culture
- Children, youth and families
- Environment/sustainable growth
- Festivals and events
- Youth development
- Other: Israel We focus on social entrepreneurs doing nonprofit work based on Jewish values who seek fiscal sponsorship, professional network or support. We hope you’ll find a home at Startup18. We want to help social entrepreneurs engage community and offer cultural programs for youth and adults that unite, build and strengthen Jewish identity, help maintain connections to our roots and celebrate our cultural differences.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying
- Human resource management
- Office space
- Other: Grant writing
Based on Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right: Our model(s) of fiscal sponsorship are:
- Model C, Preapproved Grant Relationship
Startup18 is a Tarbuton program, based in San Diego County, designed to inspire and support entrepreneurs affecting the world in positive ways based on Jewish values. Mission of Tarbuton: to engage the Jewish community, educate our next generation, connect all ages to Israel, and bridge the local Jewish and Israeli-American communities.